2019 Google Public Policy Fellowship – EMEA
EMEA Program overview
In 2019, we will launch the Google Policy Fellowship program in 15 countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The program will run from January to June 2019 and will offer undergraduate, graduate students and early-stage professionals interested in Internet and technology policy the opportunity to spend time contributing to the public dialogue on these issues and exploring future academic and professional interests.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work at public interest organizations at the forefront of debates on broadband and access policy, content regulation, copyright and creativity, consumer privacy, open government, government surveillance, data security, data innovation, free expression and more. More information about the host organizations and the areas of focus for the fellows is outlined below.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for applicants who are passionate about technology and want to spend six months diving headfirst into Internet policy. Students and professionals from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to Internet and technology policy
- Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
- First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
- The stipends and terms of the fellowship will vary and applicants should contact the hosts for further details.
What is the program timeline?
Deadlines for applications to the EMEA Fellowship Program will be determined by each individual organisation. Successful applicants will be notified in November. Selected fellows will work with host organizations to define an exact start and end dates between January and June 2019.
Google – EDAM Fellowship on Data Governance
Fellowship location: Istanbul, Turkey
Job Title: Policy Fellow on Data Governance
Your fellowship at EDAM
Centre for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies in Istanbul and Google are partnering for a Policy Fellowship Program on data governance and cross-border data transfers.
Data is the lifeblood of the modern global economy. Digital trade and cross-border data flows are expected to continue to grow faster than the overall rate of global trade. Businesses use the data to create value, and many can only maximize that value when data can flow freely across borders.
The fellowship program will focus on the interplay between personal data protection and cross-border/boundaries data transfers, focusing especially on how a sound regulatory regime, together with quality ICT infrastructure, can facilitate cross-border data flows, data processing and data analytics, driving the digital economy to grow in a healthy way.
Your time at EDAM will be dedicated to explore a number of specific themes relating to the impact of data governance on the digital economy, innovation, economic growth and questing the optimum balance between the privacy, security and free data flow.
During the fellowship, you will spend time working on:
- Research and analysis of privacy and data protection regulation on a free flow of data, trade, business and economic growth with a focus on Turkey
- Drafting and preparation of both internal and external briefing documents and materials on data governance and cross-border data transfers.
- Assisting in the organisation of workshops and training, monitoring of daily news sources of relevance.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Completed graduate level studies in social science, law, political science, international or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrable passion for data governance issues, digital economy and policies.
- Quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes.
- An open and avid communicator and a strong team player
How to Apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Gökçe Uçar, [email protected]
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Not: Bu makale ilk olarak 24.10.2018 tarihinde Ekonomi ve Dış Politika Araştırmalar Merkezi resmi web sitesinde yayınlanmıştır.